Availability & Use
Access to Colgate Domains is available for current Colgate faculty and students. Approval for Colgate staff members will be considered on a case-by-case basis to ensure that intended use of Colgate Domains is consistent with teaching and research purposes.
Use of Colgate Domains is governed by Colgate’s Acceptable Use Policy (http://www.colgate.edu/offices-and-services/information-technology/privacy-and-security/acceptable-use-policy).
Process for Account Creation
- Faculty and students fill out the request form for a Colgate Domains account.
- ITS staff are notified of the request.
- Users are notified via email from firstname.lastname@example.org that their account request has been received.
- Users must check that email for a link to complete the sign-up process.
- Once signed-up, users can begin navigating their cPanel to install applications (such as WordPress) to their Colgate Domains account.
The subdomain names for Colgate Domains accounts are automatically named http://username.colgate.domains. This is standardized. Subdomains cannot be customized.
Account Storage Limits
All Colgate Domains accounts include 1GB of storage space. Requests for more storage space will be reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis. Send a request for more storage space to email@example.com.